Man charged for dangerous drivingAugust 03,2014Man faces charge
in driving incident
POWNAL — A local man was arrested Friday after several motorists reported he was harassing other drivers and passing dangerously on Route 7.
Vermont State Police arrested John Russell, 34, on a charge of negligent operation. Witnesses told police his Toyota 4Runner was tailgating another vehicle, swerving and passing cars in unsafe locations.
One witness told police the operator of the 4Runner appeared distraught.
Police say they found Russell in his vehicle, which had pulled off the southbound side of the Route 7 around 3:30 p.m.
He was screened by medical personnel at the scene and cited to appear in Bennington criminal court next month.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.