Vermont Gas raises Phase 2 price tagAugust 03,2014Vt. Gas increases
Phase 2 price tag
BURLINGTON — Less than a month after raising the estimated cost of Phase 1 of a natural gas pipeline project by 40 percent, Vermont Gas has announced that the Phase 2 cost is going up as well.
Phase 1, from Chittenden County to Middlebury, is under construction now. The company hopes to follow that up with Phase 2 from Middlebury to the International Paper plant in Ticonderoga, N.Y., with an extension under Lake Champlain.
The paper company is paying most of the cost of Phase 2, and that applies to the $10 million cost increase as well.
Vermont Gas also plans a third phase to extend the pipeline to Rutland.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.