Police seek vehicle in hit and runAugust 06,2014Police seek SUV
in hit-and-run crash
Vermont State Police are seeking information about a black SUV whose driver allegedly fled after a head-on collision Tuesday at the intersection of the East Pittsford Road and Route 7 in Rutland Town.
No one was hurt, but police said the SUV caused major damage to a Ford F-250 truck driven by Sandra Griffin, 62, of Pittsford.
Witnesses told police that the SUV was traveling south on Route 7 at about 3 p.m. Tuesday when it cut across lanes and collided with the truck. Two other vehicles were narrowly missed, police said.
The SUV drove off the road after the crash, backed up and continued south on the highway toward Rutland with moderate damage to its front end.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call state police at 773-9101.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.