Man denies domestic assaultAugust 07,2014Local man denies
A man denied a charge of domestic assault for allegedly striking a woman outside a home on Meadow Street in Wallingford.
Christian Brown, 43, of Wallingford pleaded innocent to the charge Tuesday in Rutland criminal court. He was released on court-ordered conditions, including that he stay away from the woman.
Brown was arrested Monday after police were called to 47 Meadow St. by a woman who said Brown struck her during an argument, Vermont State Police said in an affidavit.
Christian later denied to police that he struck the woman. He told police the woman lost her balance while arguing with him and her glasses fell off her face, but he never hit her.
If convicted, Brown faces up to 18 months in jail.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.