Scott RaymondAugust 12,2014
Scott RaymondScott Raymond
Scott Raymond, 40, of Rutland, died Saturday August 19, 2014, at the Rutland Regional Medical Center following a long illness.
He was born on June 22, 1974, in Rutland, the son of Mary Jane Messer Duval and Timothy Raymond.
Mr. Raymond grew up in Rutland graduating from the Rutland High School in 1992.
He married his best friend and the love of his life Meredith Walker on October 12, 2002.
Mr. Raymond has been employed by Sherwin-Williams Paint Store since 1992 and was promoted to store manager in 1997, transferring to Brattleboro. He returned to Rutland in 2000 as the operating manager.
He loved camping, hunting, fishing, 4 wheeling and traveling with his family in his recreational vehicle and, more than anything, his girls. Their special spot was York, Maine.
Mr. Raymond was a member of the Painters, Decorators Contractors Association of Vermont and the Home Builders and Remodeling Association of Southern Vermont and was the 2014 recipient of the Life Time Achievement Award, Mendon Fish and Game Club, the Poultney Rescue Squad for 15 years and earned his EMT training in 1993 in Rochester, Vt.
He was a proud owner of an R32 high-performance Volkswagen and member of the Bareknuckle Group of Rutland.
Survivors include his beloved wife, Meredith Raymond; a daughter, Tori Raymond; his mother of Rutland; his father and step-mother, Madeline, of Wallingford; his maternal grandmother, Gladys Messer of Rutland; paternal grandmother, Shirley Bassett of Rutland; his father and mother-in-law, Bruce and Katherine Walker of Wallingford; sister-in-law Melanie Walker of Rutland; step-sister Phyllis Raulf of Bristol, Conn.; niece Adora Mojica of Rutland; and a nephew, Tyler Gomes of Rutland; aunts and uncles.
Friends may call from 4 -7 p.m. Thursday at the Aldous Funeral Home, 44 North Main Street, Rutland, VT.
Graveside services will be held 11 a.m. Friday at the Evergreen Cemetery. A Celebration of his life will be at 4 p.m. Friday at the West Rutland American Legion Post #87, 333 Pleasant Street, West Rutland.
The family would like to thank the Norris Cotton Cancer Center of Dartmouth in Lebanon, N.H., and the Foley Cancer Center in Rutland for all their care and support.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to Tori’s college fund: Make checks payable to
Tori Raymond and mail to: Christine Messer, VP Accounting, Heritage Family Credit Union, 30 Allen St., Rutland, VT 05701
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.