Police: Lost cows roaming interstateAugust 12,2014Police: Lost cows
SHARON — Vermont State Police are seeking help from the public in trying to track down information about two lost cows repeatedly spotted at an Interstate 89 rest area.
Police said they were called Sunday for a report of the cows roaming the grounds of the Interstate 89 northbound rest area in Sharon. Police said they have been called several times to the rest area for reports of the cows in the interstate.
The cows, believed to be whitefaced Herefords, appear to be 3 to 4 years old, police said.
Anyone with information about lost cows in the area of Sharon, Norwich or Strafford is asked to call Trooper Mark Harvey at 234-9933.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.