Shooting victim a no-show in courtAugust 15,2014Shooting victim
a no-show in court
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION ó Authorities say a 19-year-old man shot in a dispute about a possible heroin theft did not show up in court on a charge of possessing the drug and cocaine.
Joseph Atkinson was shot in the torso June 11 in Springfield allegedly over stolen drugs.
Vermont State Police issued Atkinson a citation to appear in court Tuesday, but he wasnít there.
The Valley News reported that a judge approved Deputy Windsor County Stateís Attorney David Cahillís request to issue a warrant for Atkinsonís arrest and set bail at $10,000.
Cahill said Atkinsonís mother indicated in June that her son is still recovering from the gunshot wound in New Jersey and didnít understand why he needed to appear.MORE IN This Just InGMP to host talk on energy sources Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.