What's HappeningAugust 25,2014Hurricane Hill
race Sept. 13
WHITE RIVER JCT. — The Hurricane Hill 5k/10k Trail Run will take place on Saturday, Sept. 13to benefit the Friends of Hartford Track, a non-profit organization. Parking and registration will take place at the Upper Valley Aquatic Centerlocated at 100 Arboretum Lane in White River Jct.
All participants will receive a 50 percent coupon for day passes to the Upper Valley Aquatic Center during race weekend.
Pre-register until Friday, Sept. 12at www.runreg.com/hurricane-hill-5k10k
Race day registration will begin on Saturday, Sept. 13 at 7 a.m. The 5K and 10 K startat 9 a.m.
The 5K is for runners, walkers, families and youth; the 10K is for runners only and is the official race for the series. The race is a .75-mile walk from UVAC. A shuttle bus will be provided.
The cost is $20 if registered by Sept. 12 or $25 on race day (youth — 13 to 17 years — is $15 by Sept. 12 and or $20 on race day). There is no fee for runners 12 and under.
All pre-registered participants will receive an official T-shirt.
Questions: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
RICHMOND — The third annual Cochran’s/VARA Dry Land Clinic will take place at Cochran’s Ski Area (910 Cochran Rd., Richmond) on Sunday, Sept. 14 from noon to 5 p.m.
This event is a joint effort between VARA and Cochran’s.
It is a program put together for the VARA membership and is also open to other states memberships. This is a great opportunity for young ski racers and coaches to experience a day of fun dryland conditioning with some of this country’s top ski racers.
The event will be run by 2013 World Championship Team member, Robby Kelley, US National Champion & Olympian Jimmy Cochran, NCAA Slalom Champion Timmy Kelley, current members of the UVM Ski Team and college coaches. The clinic is open to all ski racers and coaches.
The check-in will begin at noon.
From 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. the clinic will be conducted by Robby Kelley, Timmy Kelley, Cochran, and University of Vermont Ski Team members. Attendees will be introduced to a variety of dryland workout sessions and will have the opportunity to challenge themselves on three US Ski Team fitness tests (vertical jump, broad jump and pull-ups).
At 1 p.m. there will be a tuning clinic.
At 3:30 p.m. USST Racers and UVM Racers will signautographs.
There will be a silent auction and barbeque at 3:30 p.m.
Registration: Please register on our website www.cochranskiarea.com. Please be sure to give your T-shirt size.
The fee is $25 which includes a T-shirt and the barbeque. Much more will be going on and as the day builds out we will update the details on www.vara.org and www.cochranskiarea.com.
For more information, please contact Laura Farrell at 802-291-1348 or email@example.com.MORE IN This Just InAn Andover woman walked away from her daughter's home sometime Tuesday morning. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.