Knife used in Wallingford robberySeptember 02,2014Knife used
WALLINGFORD — A cashier at a North Main Street convenience store was threatened with a knife during a robbery late Sunday night, according to Vermont State Police.
Just before 11 p.m., two men entered the Cumberland Farms convenience store at 309 North Main St. and demanded money from the clerk, police said. The cashier told police that one of the men displayed a large knife during the robbery.
Multiple troopers along with a Rutland City police dog canvassed the area searching for the men who weren’t found and evidence was collected at the scene, police said.
The men were described only as being two white men in their 20s.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call state police at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.