Knife used in Wallingford robberySeptember 02,2014Knife used
WALLINGFORD — A cashier at a North Main Street convenience store was threatened with a knife during a robbery late Sunday night, according to Vermont State Police.
Just before 11 p.m., two men entered the Cumberland Farms convenience store at 309 North Main St. and demanded money from the clerk, police said. The cashier told police that one of the men displayed a large knife during the robbery.
Multiple troopers along with a Rutland City police dog canvassed the area searching for the men who weren’t found and evidence was collected at the scene, police said.
The men were described only as being two white men in their 20s.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call state police at 773-9101.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.