PAWLET — It's free fishing day on June 8, and everyone is invited to Lake St. Catherine to participate, regardless of age or ability, accordin…
The Vermont Association of Insurance Professionals announced the new board of directors for the 2019-2021 term.
LUDLOW — The controversial Route 103 project is set to be completed by early July, but the company hired last year to do the work has had some…
The Vermont Association of Insurance Professionals announced that Deb Emmons, from Vermont Mutual Insurance Group, was recently named Claims P…
RUTLAND — Jim and Joan Watson announce that Kristin Martelle has joined the Rutland office of Coldwell Banker Watson Realty.
RICHMOND — Grace Oedel will lead Northeast Organic Farming Association-Vermont as the new executive director starting July 1.
PAWLET — It's free fishing day on June 8, and everyone is invited to Lake St. Catherine to participate, regardless of age or ability, according to a release.
LUDLOW — The controversial Route 103 project is set to be completed by early July, but the company hired last year to do the work has had some limitations placed on it by the state.
FAIR HAVEN — Students at Fair Haven High School are planning a pop-up art gallery in the at 73 Main St. to show off the art skills of students throughout Rutland County, the FHUHS Art Club and…
- Legislature could adjourn without action on key bills
- Editorials from around New England
- President signs bulletproof vest plan named For Sen. Leahy
- Closed Vermont Yankee nuke plant cooling towers to come down
- Board members being chosen for Vermont merged school boards
- Pedestrian killed after being hit by Amtrak train
- VT Lottery
- Vermont gets $3.1m for taxiway at Morrisville-Stowe airport
NORTH CLARENDON — Mill River seniors McKenna Ludden, Tessa Badgley, Grace Gilman, Morgan Nemeth and team manager Ali Blackner were honored in a well-orchestrated pregame ceremony that included…
TOWNSHEND — Morgan LaPorte picked up the five-inning win for Otter Valley as they defeated Leland & Gray 29-6 Friday in Marble Valley league softball.
FAIR HAVEN — Marcus McCullough has had some wild swings and misses for strikeouts lately. He fanned twice against Fair Haven on Wednesday. He was 0 for 2 with a strikeout on Friday and wasn’t …
West Rutland softball coach Laurie Serrani stood in the dugout after her team’s 6-5 softball victory over Proctor that included a cavalcade of defensive gems by both clubs, overcome by what sh…
Rutland High School and Colchester have conflicting off days and game commitments for the last two days of the softball regular season so there’s no chance of completing their nonleague game w…
- Celtic beats Hearts in Cup final to win 'triple treble'
- All eyes on skies as rain threatens Indianapolis 500
- Leclerc tops 3rd practice in Monaco, teammate Vettel crashes
- Story hits 2-run homer in 9th, Rockies beat Orioles 8-6
- Overwatch League commissioner leaving to work on Fortnite
- Texas high school hires former Baylor coach Art Briles
- Blixt leads by 1 despite Na going low again at Colonial
- Nats GM says manager Martinez safe for now despite struggles
Depending where you live — a cold hollow, a hilltop or near a large body of water, you may b…
The late, beloved Professor Allen Foley of Norwich, author of, among other things, “What the…
Taking Down Barns
Often, when I spot an interesting bird, I don’t have my binoculars handy. I’m holding a padd…
In 2000, the United States declared that measles had been eliminated. However, recently, we’…
- Cannes to present Palme d'Or, with history on the line
- Health tax splits California amid need for Trump's approval
- Lawsuits say Cento isn't canning real San Marzano tomatoes
- Maine to end non-medical exemptions for vaccinations
- Botswana hires Hollywood firm to fight elephant hunting PR
- Naomi Wolf and publisher discussing fixes for new book
- APNewsBreak: Lil Nas X to perform at Stanley Cup Final
We have a great weather station on our TV giving us information on the adversity of the weat…
The 50th annual Middletown Springs Memorial Day Parade takes place Sunday, May 26, at 3 p.m.…
Since people boast that living in this world is a gift, why does it cost anything — or shoul…
This morning, as I sat at my keyboard, the phone rang four times, as it does at every meal a…
June 1994: We are in Manhattan visiting family, and decide to head downtown to visit a stree…
This poor beleaguered president, bunkered under Barr and the Republican palace guard, tweeti…
The foothold trap is legal in 44 states and all of Canada. After banning most traps in 1997,…
Trump, Barr, Mnuchin, Lindsey Graham, no collusion, political cartoon
May 20 marks National Older Adult Mental Health Awareness Day, creating an opportunity to ra…
Vermont’s House of Representatives recently passed H.107, a bill to create a statewide paid …
Vermont House Bill H.57 and Senate Proposition 5 to amend the Vermont Constitution guarantee…
- Mindbender Mansion Opens @ Montshire Museum of Science
- Underhill Ironworks Spring Open Studio
- Early Bird Nature Walk
- Taconic Music presents Windhaven Concert
- Film: Avengers: Endgame
- Shabbat Morning Service
- Cradle Switch
- 12th Annual Plant, Book, and Bake Sale
- Open Studio
- Village Harmony Alumni Ensemble Concert
- Open Studio Weekend Raku Pottery Sale
- Community Luncheon
- Free Memorial Day Weekend Concert
- Open Studio
- "Pop-Up" Art Gallery
- Plant Sale, Luncheon and Bake Sale
- Yoga Prana Shakti
- Yoga for the full-figured Goddess, a gentle floor class
- Open Studio Weekend at Blue Roof Designs
- “Serenity” Gentle Yoga
Get breaking news alerts directly in your inbox.
Games & Contests
Get emails about upcoming contests like the College Basketball brackets, the Pet Photo contest, the Pro Football Pick 'Em and Best of the Best, with thousands of dollars in prizes and gift certificates in the mix for participants. About two or three emails a month.
The Scene - Events Newsletter
Get a preview of upcoming events in the Rutland region delivered directly to your email inbox, along with calendar items and featured events, once a week on Thursdays.
Vermont Arts covers theater, opera and classical music as well as festivals, pop, modern Vermont bands, folk music and visual arts the length and breadth of our state.
Get local sports briefs, recaps, roundups, features, photos, scores, profiles, podcasts and excitement delivered seven days a week, from our local sports team.
The Daily - Headline News
With the Daily, you'll get news, obituaries opinion and features seven days a week. On Saturday, you'll get the Weekend Magazine version of this email, and on Sunday and Monday you'll get shorter recap versions of The Daily.