. HARDCOVER FICTION
1. The Underground Railroad, by Colson
Whitehead, Doubleday, $26.95.
2. A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor
Towles, Viking, $27.
3. The Sleepwalker, by Chris Bohjalian,
4. Moonglow, by Michael Chabon, Harper,
5. Commonwealth, by Ann Patchett,
6. All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony
Doerr, Scribner, $27.
7. History of Wolves, by Emily Fridlund,
Atlantic Monthly Press, $25.
8. Small Great Things, by Jodi Picoult, Ballantine, $28.99.
9. The North Water, by Ian McGuire, Holt,
10. Difficult Women, by Roxane Gay, Grove
11. News of the World, by Paulette Jiles,
12. Swing Time, by Zadie Smith, Penguin
13. The Mothers, by Brit Bennett, Riverhead, $26.
14. Nutshell, by Ian McEwan, Nan A. Talese, $24.95.
15. Faithful, by Alice Hoffman, S&S, $26.
. HARDCOVER NONFICTION
1. Hillbilly Elegy, by J.D. Vance, Harper,
2. The Hidden Life of Trees, by Peter Wohlleben, Greystone Books, $24.95.
3. The Undoing Project, by Michael Lewis,
4. When Breath Becomes Air, by Paul Kalanithi, Random House, $25.
5. Upstream, by Mary Oliver, Penguin
6. The Book of Joy, by The Dalai Lama,
Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Avery, $26.
7. Born to Run, by Bruce Springsteen,
8. Thank You for Being Late, by Thomas L.
Friedman, FSG, $28.
9. Belichick and Brady: Two Men, the Patriots, and How They Revolutionized Football, by Michael Holley, Hachette, $27.
10. Born a Crime, by Trevor Noah, Spiegel
& Grau, $28.
11. Books for Living, by Will Schwalbe,
12. The Princess Diarist, by Carrie Fisher,
Blue Rider, $26.
13. Between the World and Me, by Ta-
Nehisi Coates, Spiegel & Grau, $25.
14. Three Days in January: Dwight Eisenhower’s Final Mission, by Bret Baier,
15. The Case Against Sugar, by Gary
Taubes, Knopf, $26.95.
. TRADE PAPERBACK FICTION
1. A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman,
Washington Square Press, $16.
2. My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You
She’s Sorry, by Fredrik Backman, Washington Square Press, $16.
3. My Name Is Lucy Barton, by Elizabeth
Strout, Random House, $16.
4. Milk and Honey, by Rupi Kaur, Andrews
5. The Sympathizer, by Viet Thanh Nguyen,
Grove Press, $16.
6. A Dog’s Purpose, by W. Bruce Cameron,
7. The Sellout, by Paul Beatty, Picador
8. The Girl on the Train, by Paula Hawkins,
9. The Best American Short Stories 2016,
by Junot Diaz, Heidi Pitlor (Eds.), Mariner, $14.95.
10. The Little Paris Bookshop, by Nina
George, Broadway, $16.
11. A Little Life, by Hanya Yanagihara,
12. The Vegetarian, by Han Kang, Hogarth,
13. The Association of Small Bombs, by
Karan Mahajan, Penguin, $16.
14. My Brilliant Friend, by Elena Ferrante,
Europa Editions, $17.
15. In a Dark, Dark Wood, by Ruth Ware,
Gallery/Scout Press, $16.
. TRADE PAPERBACK NONFICTION
1. Hidden Figures, by Margot Lee Shetterly,
2. The Trump Survival Guide, by Gene
Stone, Dey Street, $9.99.
3. We Should All Be Feminists, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Anchor, $7.95.
4. Alexander Hamilton, by Ron Chernow,
5. The Road to Little Dribbling, by Bill
Bryson, Anchor, $16.95.
6. What We Do Now, by Dennis Johnson
(Ed.), Melville House, $15.99.
7. You Are a Badass, by Jen Sincero, Running Press, $16.
8. S.P.Q.R.: A History of Ancient Rome, by
Mary Beard, Liveright, $17.95.
9. The Soul of an Octopus, by Sy Montgomery, Atria, $16.
10. The Old Farmer’s Almanac 2017, by
Old Farmer’s Almanac, $7.95.
11. The World Almanac and Book of Facts
2017, by Sarah Janssen (Ed.), World
12. The Invention of Nature, by Andrea
Wulf, Vintage, $17.
13. The U.S. Constitution and Fascinating
Facts About It, by Terry L. Jordan, Oak
Hill Publishing Co, $3.95.
14. March, Book One, by John Lewis, Andrew
Aydin, Top Shelf Productions, $14.95.
15. Big Magic, by Elizabeth Gilbert, Riverhead, $16.