The Paramount Theater was evacuated briefly Thursday night after a smoke alarm went off around 9 p.m. Rutland City Fire Department Deputy Chief Bill Lovett said the alarm was in a basement hallway. It’s believed it was triggered by someone using a vape pen, a type of “e-cigarette.” He said the devices can set off smoke alarms. Evacuees were let back inside after a brief period. No injuries or damage was reported.

0
0
0
0
0
You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.